Friday, September 28, 2012

Who Do People Say You Are?

In today's Gospel, Jesus asks his apostles who people say he is.  Then he asked who they said he was.  That made me think:  To the world, who is this Jesus?  I hear he was a good man, a prophet, an historical figure, an enlightened master, a champion of social justice, misguided, non-existent.  Even people who claim to be Christian will sometimes answer first with one of the above.  It just isn't politically correct to "believe" anymore, is it?

So I asked myself, who do I say Jesus is?  (I know, not really fair)  Here is what I wrote, in the order in which I wrote:  The Son of God, My Lord & My Savior (who died for my sins and rose from the dead), My Love & My Life, My One & My All, My Lord & My God.

All I need is found in Him.
All I desire is within His hands.
He is that for which I long.
His is the breath that sustains me.
It is within His Sacred Heart that I place all my trust.

Would that my mind and heart were one, united in my desire, joined to my true Love, working together to do His Will.

**Who do people say you are?  If they wouldn't say you are a Christian...why not?

No comments: