Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My favorite 4-yr old

The younger of my red-headed boys, a solid 4 years old with a mischievous twinkle permanently in his eyes (we knew we were in trouble when he was born and we couldn't get off-island since he was in such a hurry!), was found in the bathroom last week draping towels over himself, looking suspiciously like he was trying to fashion a chasuble.  Well, he was.  I asked him what he was doing and he raised his arms out to the side and said he was pretending to be a priest.  Yesterday, he said "I want to be a priest when I grow up."  He made this momma proud - I'd love for my boys to seriously consider the priesthood as a vocation, and if called, to answer the call in the affirmative...but only if they decide to join the OPs (right, Fr. P.??).  

Speaking of Dominicans, if you enjoy sacred music done well, I just discovered a great little CD (well, I guess it discovered me).  Although not of "professional quality", it is quite good and I have been enjoying it immensely.  Purchase of the CD supports the ministries of the Western Dominican Province.  Here's the info:  www.frozenfriars.com .

No comments: