Thursday, March 21, 2013

Grilling in March

I had gone through our freezer, finding food items we needed to eat and I came across two nice pieces of top sirloin.  Hmmmm....sure it's windy and cold and raining - but surely I can grill these outside.  So, I did!  It probably looked a little funny, to watch someone bundled up and grilling with the wind whipping her hair around.  Luckily it didn't rain.  The grill didn't get as hot as usual, and complained when the wind kicked up, but it worked just fine and we had a green salad (from over-wintered greens in the garden), sweet potatoes and top sirloin.  Mmmm, mmmm, good!  And I didn't have to worry about being attacked by the multitudes of yellow jackets that are here in the summer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to look "top sirloin" up and, if you're talking about top sirloin cap, it's picanha, favorite meat of 9 out of every 10 Brazilians...but not mine, which would be hump or standing rib steak or tenderloin, that I don't know whether you in the US call fillet mignon like we do here - and a "lost" piece of it was found in our freezer the other day, too.

Shelly said...

OK, I had to look it up, too! No, it is a different cut, leaner, and deeper. I'm not a big meat eater, but my favorite steak cut by far is the tenderloin which we do call a filet mignon here, too. My husband could eat beef/steak every day - I could easily be a vegetarian, though with my Irish ancestry corned beef (which my husband won't eat) is something I really like, though I haven't had it in years.

Anonymous said...

Oh, sorry for not including a link...so here's my favorite way of having filet mignon (not necessarily this recipe, but I like it in pretty much any way).

Shelly said...

Mmmmm - yummy! Thanks! Have a great weekend.