Friday, May 24, 2013

I-5 Bridge Collapse UPDATED

Yep, I've been over that bridge numerous times.  Amazing there were so few cars on it when it collapsed, as it is a very busy bridge.  Now I'll need to find another way to get where I need to get.  The side roads are not designed for an extra 70,000 plus cars a day!

Thank God no one was killed.

"Most merciful Lord Jesus! by Thine agony and bloody sweat, and by Thy death, deliver me, I beseech Thee, from a sudden and unprovided death. O most gentle Lord Jesus! by Thy cruel and ignominious scourging and crowning with thorns, by Thy cross and most bitter Passion, and by Thy goodness, I humbly pray Thee, let me not die unprepared and pass from this life without the Holy Sacraments. Jesus, my best Beloved, my Lord! by all Thy labours and sorrows, by Thy precious Blood, and by Thy most holy Wounds, and by those last words spoken on the cross by Thee: "Deus meus, Deus meus, ut quid dereliquisti me?? - "My God, my God, why hast Thou forsaken me?" and again: "Pater, in manus tuas commendo spiritum meum," - "Father, into Thy hands I commend my spirit," most ardently I pray Thee, save me from a sudden death. Thy hands, O Redeemer! have wholly made and formed me: ah! suffer not death to take me unawares; give me, I beseech Thee,time for penance; vouchsafe that I may pass from this life happily in Thy grace, that I may love Thee with my whole heart, and praise and bless Thee forever and ever.
Amen.
Our Father... Hail Mary... Glory Be To The Father..."  (from Catholic.org)


And while I'm at it:  Go to confession!  

No comments: