Tuesday, October 23, 2012

2 A.M.

Have you ever opened yourself in love to another, completely exposing your heart - offering your vulnerability, and been rejected?

Within a second, it occurred to me:  Yes, Lord, you have been here.  And how many times have you opened your heart to me, and I have rejected you?  How many times a day do you open your heart to the world, and how many times are you rejected, scorned, spat-upon, ridiculed?  And yet, you respond with Love.

I'm not a fan of the 2am awakening, but when the Lord reminds me to love others as He has loved me - when He reminds me that I need to keep focused on Him, following his footsteps as He carries His cross and I shoulder my very small one - then, I feel blessed to have been awakened from sound slumber.  Blessed and so very unworthy.  Blessed and completely unequipped for the task at hand.  Blessed and so very thankful.

No comments: